Sister Judy was born in Sagamore PA on April 13, 1942, the daughter of Leroy and Dorothy Cuddy. She was educated in Shannock Schools and graduated from Beaver Valley General Hospital School of Nursing in New Brighton PA in 1965.
While living in Florida in the 1980s, Sister Judy became Catholic. Prior to becoming Catholic she had married and raised a family. When she relocated to Ohio, she made contact with the Ursuline Sisters of Youngstown.
She entered the Ursuline Sisters on October 21, 1992 and professed Final Vows on August 6, 2000.
In her years of ministry as an Ursuline Sister Sister Judy worked at Warren General Hospital and Liberty Health Care Center. Beginning in 2000, Sister Judy served as a member of the Spiritual Care Department of St. Elizabeth Hospital in Youngstown until her retirement in 2015.
She was a Board Certified Catholic Chaplain who trained in Clinical Pastoral Education in both Pittsburgh and the Cleveland VA Hospital. She studied theology at Carlow University, Pittsburgh, Walsh University, Canton, and Ursuline College, Cleveland.
She is survived by her Sisters in community, a son, David, a daughter, Debbie Chopine (Sergey), three grandchildren, Stephen, Brianne, and Kristina, of Salem, Oregon, and a sister, Linda Rose (Herb) of Youngstown.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Robert.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be Saturday June 10 at noon at the Ursuline Motherhouse Chapel, 4250 Shields Rd., Canfield OH. 44406. Calling hours will begin at 10 am in the Motherhouse Chapel