Welcome to our “Ask The Nun” series of informal videos. Sister Mary McCormick offers some questions to think about when searching for a Religious Community.
Sometimes when people think about becoming a nun they are familiar with one or more religious communities. Other times, people feel called, but don’t even know any nuns.
I suggest that you do a little thinking and a little exploring when you want to begin to enter into the process more deeply.
If you were dating someone, you might liken it to the “getting to know you phase.”
Here are some questions to consider:
- Are you interested in serving the church in an area close to where you currently live?
- Or, would you prefer to be part of a group that serves all over the country and maybe all over the world?
- Are you interested in a small group?
- Or would you like to be part of a large group?
- Do you have a special ministry in mind? If so, you might seek out a community that specializes in that service? Or,
- Are you open to a variety of ways to serve God’s people?
I encourage you to do some investigation – on line and in person by visiting some communities.
Good luck with the process
Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org